About Me

Tuesday 24 February 2009

My film opening *Draft video / project*

I have completed the draft version of my Film Opening for *SugaR 'N' SpicE*.

What i done to complete my film opening in draft: First of all i took the photos from my story Board, and i was faced with a problem straight away. The problem was that the photos had already been editied, so i had to back track and get the original photos back, as i needed the originals in order to cartoonize them.

I eventually was able to restore the photos to their original state, but to do this i had to restore my laptop, which was time consuming but i managed to get them back in the end. I could of easily taken them straight from my Camera SD card, but unfortunatly when i originaly took the photos from my SD card i had cut and pasted them so they were not on the SD card when i looked for the originals, so therefore i had to restore my laptop etc, but as i said i got them in the end.

When i did get the originals i moved onto the next stage, which was to edit them into a cartoon type effect (Cartoonize). I browsed around on the internet for editing software in order to edit them how i wanted, but this again was very time consuming, but i needed to edit them so to find the software or website was a must, and a very high priority in order to get any progress in my project. Eventually i found a website where you can edit you photos for free, but i was yet again faced with a problem, it was a printing website where they print them for you onto mugs, tee-shirts, mouse mats, etc etc, and as this was not what i wanted, instead of close the website and find another one, since ihad been looking and browsing for over an hour, i decided that the best idea would be to just *Print screen* what i had edited and then crop the photos in paint. I done this for all 30-40 of my photos, and overall i was very impressed with the overall outcome of my photos.

When i had the edited photos i moved onto the next stage of my project which was to edit them into a stop - motion sequence / video. To do this i used the programe (Sony Vegas 8.0) which i have installed on my laptop. Once i had put the photos into a video (which took me about an hour or so). This also includes the time it took me to make the moving titles, (KK-Productions, Director: Kirk kemp, etc). Once i had completed both the titles and video, i then renderd the final video, which took another 20-30 minutes, as i was waiting for that to render i could not do anything else as my laptop was quite slow while rendering the video, so while i was waiting, i grabed my note book and started noting down some posible song ideas, that would relate well to my video, for order to me use it in the opening sequence. When the video was renderd i uploaded it too windows movie maker, so i could add the music track later on.

I started making my soundtrack for my opening sequence in *mix craft 4.0* I soon managed to make a sound track, which reflects the mood and also fits with my opening sequence / video. Once i had finished the sound track for my opening sequence i simply, added it to my video sequence, and then i re-render'd it from windows movie maker, in order to make it a video file, to play back on my laptop.

Finally i watched the video to see wheather it was ok and didnt need any changes etc, i found that it does not need many changes in my mind, but tomorrow i will see what people think to it and see what changes can be made in order to make it better.




Shown below is the *Draft version of my opening sequence*


No comments: