About Me

Friday 20 February 2009

Channel Four : Inspiration week / Open day

I followed the link that was attached on the email, and i came to the channel four *4talent* page, and when i was there i was faced with the aplication form.
(Shown below are the questions i was asked, relating to the application process)

Application Questions
Please complete the following application questions.

*1
Tell us about a time when you had to work really hard to get something you wanted? What was it and what did you do?

Answer
Basically ever since i was 12-13 i have been into media and home film making etc, and when i gained my first ever video camera, that was brilliant, until i realised that there are many other camcorders out there which would be even better. So when i started my part-time job as a cleaner, i started of doing just a few hours but when ever i could i done more hours in order to gain more money towards the camcorder that i wanted. During the school summer holiday i worked from 12-8 at least 3-4 days a week, and by the end of the summer holiday i had just abut enough money for the camcorder, which i quickly soon order'd off the internet and i gained that within a few days of ordering it. This was when i was aged 15-16 and to this day i still use the Sony HD camcorder to produce films and short videos.

*2
Please choose the three areas you would like to learn more about on Inspiration Week. (Please note: Each master class has a limited number of place and we may not be able to allocate you your first choice). Your Master Class choices are: Advertising, Development, Journalism, Scriptwriting, Presenting, Producing/Directing - Factual, Producing/Directing - Drama, Production Management, New Media.


Answer
I would very much like to learn more about the following three courses / master class:- Producing / Directing - (Factual)- Advertising - Development I would very much like to further study these master classes, as i strongly believe that it will help my progress towards the future that much easier, and will definatly be a great oppurtunity to add work / experiance to my already growing portfolio of work, for the upcoming future.


*3
Tell us why you should be given a place on Inspiration Week?

Answer
I believe that i should be given a place on the inspiration week course, becuase i have put a great amount of work into my media both in college, and at home. I also have been constantly updating and adding to my personal portfolio, which shows all my work relating to media and film etc. This placement on the course will definatly improve apon my portfolio and my personal acievements. Overall i think if i do get a placement it wil help me a great deal, both with my work at the moment (college and personal portfolio) and also most important of all my future, i believe that this experiance will be perfect in order to show people what i have done, to show that i am outgoing and will take every oppatunity as it comes along. In conclussion, i would greatly appreciate a placement on the Channel Four Inspiration week as i like to think it will help me a great deal in my work now and definatly help me out in getting where i want in the future!

No comments: