About Me

Sunday 8 February 2009

Filming for my Film Opening






I have decided to go with my 2nd idea, and make it stop motion, either fully stop motion or make it a mix of live action and stop motion.

I belive that this will be diffrent from other opening sequences, and will therefore make it unique (sort of). It also gives me the chance to use my story board not only as a guide line / template but most probably use the footage within that as the final footage, in my actual film opening sequence.

I have found the location for my shoot already. (When i was making my storyboard). As i was taking photos for my storyboard, i found that my house / kitchen was the perfect location for my film opening sequence, as it is a british film based around food / school.

Considering that the film will be based around school / food the costume for the film opening is a school uniform, but to make it seem like a laid back / down to earth sort of film i have chosen to make my brother where some converse trainers, to show the individulisum / rebelious attitude of the main charater.


The props for my film are very simple to get hold of as it is all situated within my house / kitchen, some of which are: oven, pans, knife, chopping board. bag, etc.

For the post production process of my film, i will mainly use, sony vegas, and maybe picasa (to touch up the photos). i might use some other software to edit the footage together into a sort of slide show in order to make it stopmotion video.

As for the soundtrack, i will use my newley aquired software called *mixcraft 4* it is a little like garage band, but is far more advanced. i have decided to use this as it sounds very diffrent from garage band (the tunes it can create). As with garage band, the trouble is the sounds within the software libray do sound very simmilar, and you can easily tell its from garage band, and i strongly believe that if i was to use the sound tracks from garage band, i would loose the individulism / unique side to my film opening.





Overall i think my opening sequence should go very well on the shoot / edit, but all will be reveled when i actually start to shoot my film opening sequence, but as far as i know, planning is everything! I belive that i have planned this film opening well, so therfore my film shoot should go well also.

No comments: