About Me

Sunday 1 March 2009

Evaluation of my opening sequence

Evaluation of my opening sequence
*SugaR 'N' SpicE*
In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? (i.e. of film openings)

I had much inspiration for my film / opening. Mainly it was programes and tv that inspired me, not just film opening themselfs. From the many videos / photos that inspired me to create this film opening. many of which are food or school related, for example, Grange hill, jamie's school dinners, and life is sweet.

Show below are a few videos which show the kinda of things that have inspired me for my film opening.



How does your media product represent particular social groups?
Within my film opening there is a young protagonist / actor, so therefore the opening to SugaR n SpicE represents the younger generation within the uk mainly, as it is a british indpendant film.
Who would be the audience for your media product?
Well, considering that my film is an independant british film , about a younger school lad that cooks for his school, i believe that my target audience for my media production would be any ages, mainly (16 and upwards) because the final film will have a few sware words in and some voilence.
How did you attract/address your audience?
Within my opening sequence i addressed the audience with a visual suggestion of a school theme, this was shown with the school uniform that the young actor was wearing. I attracted the audience in further with the effects i used which was the cartoon effect, i believe this draws the audience in also, mainly because it is not seen very often within film openings, so therefore i believe it draws the audience in, due to the visual effect that it has, etc.

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I have used a wide range of software both at home and at college. Some of which has been simple search websites too the complicated editing software. I have learnt that Many software packages have the ability to do more than what they are made for, a good example of this is the software package picasa, i knew that you could edit photos on it, but i did not realise that you can make them into a collage with the soaftware, this was a very usefull tool when it came to making my story board.
Overall i have learnt quite a lot about the technologies that i have used during the process of the making of my opening sequence.
Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?
I believe that on the completion of my contunity task, i took into mind what contanuity issues i should look at in the filming stage of my film opening. When it came to the actual shooting stage of my film opening sequence, i looked back over my conanuity task in order to make sure i did not make any conatnuity errors, because i know that contanuity is a major thing for a film shoot, and if it goes wrong it can make the film / opening look very tacky and also very unprofesional.
Keeping in mind that contanuity is a very important factor ot the film shoot, i made sure that i did not make any contanuity errors.
Overall i belive that my film opening was very succesfull and i am very happy with the outcome of my editing and also the final product (my film opening) for SugaR 'n' SpicE.

No comments: